The Backup and the Restore feature allow you to create backups and restore iterations of your work within the Retargeter. Any changes made by the user in the Retargeter are automatically saved. However, this option gives the user the ability to create different versions of their performance, such as creating different Frame Ranges or seeing how different poses affect the results. The backup will save scene values (values on the rig controls) as well as all poses in your Pose Groups. A single backup will include information for all of your Pose Groups. They do not need to be backed up individually.
Creating a Backup
- With your scene in the state you wish to backup, select "Backup or Restore" from the Performance menu.
- Type in a name for your backup.
- Hit the "Backup" button. Your data is automatically saved to the job's directory and will be available to you from then on.
Restoring a Backup
- Select "Backup or Restore" from the Performance menu.
- Select your backed up performance from the list.
- Click the "Restore" button.
*Note - Be aware that this is similar to opening up a new scene. Your pose data in Retargeter as well as your scene values on the character rig will revert to your backed up version. You can also remove a backed up version by selecting it and clicking the Remove button.