If you have purchased "server" licenses for Faceware, you can designate one machine as your "license server". If you setup a License Server, any licenses installed on this machine are then accessible by any other computers on your local network (LAN).
*Note: The following only applies if you have purchased the "Server" type licenses from Faceware.
Setting and Configuring your License Server
1. Open the CodeMeter Control Center. In Windows, you can find CodeMeter Control Center in the Start Menu in the CodeMeter folder, or you can find it in your system tray or Notification Area.
2. In the lower right of CodeMeter Control Center, click the 'WebAdmin' button.
3. In CodeMeter WebAdmin, select 'Configuration'.
4. From Configuration, select 'Server'.
5. Enable the option labeled, 'Run Network Server' and select 'Apply'. (If necessary, change your 'Network Port'.)
6. In the CodeMeter Control Center, select 'File -> Quit'.
7. Open the CodeMeter Control Center. In Windows, you can find CodeMeter Control Center in the Start Menu in the CodeMeter folder, or you can find it in your system tray or Notification Area.
All licenses activated on this machine will now be accessible to any computer on your local area network (LAN).
Configuring Client (User) PC's to use Server Licenses
To use your license on a client machine, you will need to go into the WebAdmin on the client and add your license server's IP address to the 'Server Search List' and select 'Apply'. Restart CodeMeter.
When the user then attempts to start an application protected by CodeMeter, it will search for an available license. If your license server is found, you'll see a message similar to this one in the 'Events' tab (in CodeMeter Control Center).
2013-11-27 11:14:33: Executing Broadcast for CodeMeter License Servers
2013-11-27 11:14:33: Network server found with IP 192.168.13.132
*Note: Your IP address will be different than the example above. 192.168.13.132 is just an example.
Server License Troubleshooting
Not seeing the messages above? Licenses not being found? Try these steps:
- Verify you have purchased 'Server' licenses from Faceware. (Not 'Local' licenses.)
- Verify the licenses are successfully activated on this machine.
- Verify the license server is running and 'Run Network Server' is enabled in CodeMeter WebAdmin
- Verify the client computer is on the same network and can ping the License Server successfully (i.e. ping 192.168.13.132)
- Restart the License Server to verify CodeMeter has restarted.