- If you have not already done so, Request a Free Trial. If you already have purchased a Faceware subscription, then you can skip this step.
- Go to www.facewaretech.com
- On the top of the page, click the "Customer Login" button
- Enter the username and password provided to you in your trial welcome email or that was given to you when the subscription was purchased.
- You should now be taken to the download page: http://facewaretech.com/products/software/downloads/
- Click the blue button that says "Take Me to the Faceware Creation Suite" or scroll down to the "Non-Realtime Facial Animation" section.
- In the "Step 1: Download Matlab Compiler Runtime" section, download the appropriate version of Matlab Compiler Runtime (64-bit or 32-bit) at the provided link. If you install a version that does not match your operating system, Retargeter will not function correctly.
- Scroll down to the section titled "Download Faceware Retargeter x.x" (x.x is the current version number)
- In the "Downloads" area, select the Retargeter download that corresponds to the Autodesk software you are using. The single download contains versions of Retargeter for each currently supported year of the specific program.
Currently the software supports the Windows versions of Autodesk Maya®, Autodesk 3DS Max®, Autodesk Softimage®, and Autodesk Motionbuilder® 2012 and later.
Faceware Retargeter is a plug-in into a 3D application, therefore it maintains the same system requirements as the host application. Only the Windows versions of each application are supported.
For system requirements for supported applications, please use the links below.
- System Requirements for Autodesk Maya
- System Requirements for Autodesk 3DS Max
- System Requirements for Autodesk Motionbuilder
Step 1: Installing Matlab Compiler Runtime
Retargeter requires the Matlab runtime environment (MCR). You'll need to install this before you can install Retargeter. You can download it here:
- MCR 2011b (x64) - (For Analyzer and Retargeter x64 plugins)
- MCR 2011a (x86) - (For Retargeter 32-bit plugins)
Step 2: Installing Retargeter
To install Retargeter, simply run the installer you downloaded from our website and complete the installation.
If this is your first time installing Analyzer or Retargeter, during the installation you will be required to also install the Codemeter Runtime. Codemeter is a requirement of our licensing software and will run in the background of your machine.